There are different types of watches available in the market and one feature that recent watches have is its water-resistance.
Let us help you find the best waterproof watch for you. We have done our thorough research to assess different watches features and sturdiness.
waterproof watches images
waterproof watches – Info
Contrary to popular belief, water resistant does not mean waterproof. In fact, there are not any watches that are 100 percent waterproof, because the Federal Trade Commission wo not allow companies to use the term. waterproof watches
Here is a short rundown of ATM ratings and how they pertain to how you can use your watch:
- 3 ATM: 30 meters/100 feet = Everyday use (washing hands, rain, etc). No swimming.
- 5 ATM: 50 meters/165 feet = Short periods of showering/bathing and swimming. But no diving or snorkeling.
- 10 ATM: 100 meters/330 feet = Swimming and snorkeling is OK.
- 20 ATM: 200 meters/660 feet = High-impact water sports and recreational diving.
- Diver: 250-300 meters/660-980 feet = Scuba diving. The closest you will get to waterproof.